I was born in Hermosillo, a city in the north of Mexico. I got my undergraduate degree at Mexico City at Institute of Technology of Monterrey and I moved to France to follow my graduate formation from 2000 to 2005 at National Institute of Applied Sciences of Lyon where I obtained a Ph.D. degree in Imaging and Systems. I moved back to the Americas beginning 2006 to do a post-doctoral fellowship at Sunnybrook HSC at Toronto, ON, Canada. On August 2008, I moved to northern Ontario to become Jr Scientist in the Thunder Bay Regional Research Institute, and in 2012 I was appointed as Scientist. In September 2017, I joined the Radiology and Clinical Neurosciences Departments in the Cumming School of Medicine at the University of Calgary as Assistant Professor. I am also a member of the Hotchkiss Brain Institute.
- B.Eng. Electronic Systems, Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, (1995), Estado de Mexico, Mexico
- M.Sc. Imaging and Systems, Institut National de Sciences Appliquees, (2001), Lyon, France
- Ph.D. Imaging and Systems, Institut National de Sciences Appliquees, (2005), Lyon, France
- Assistant Professor, Departments of Radiology and Clinical Neurosciences, Cumming School of Medicine, Hotchkiss Brain Institute, University of Calgary
- Adjunct Professor, Departments of Electrical Engineering and Physics, Lakehead University
- Adjunct Scientist, Thunder Bay Regional Health Research Institute